The goal of Tishman Construction’s internship program is to provide students with learning opportunities in a dynamic environment. Interns apply and test their knowledge and skills on project sites or in a corporate department. We place high importance on the program and believe that we are helping to shape the future leaders of our industry and our company.
Internships last for a minimum of ten weeks and a maximum of thirteen weeks. Our interns’ responsibilities may include:
- Providing direct support to the assigned department / project and participating in daily operations and various work processes.
- Supporting all efforts related to the assigned department's / project's initiatives and interfacing with clients and co-workers as required.
- Assisting the Supervisor with planning and coordinating department / project related schedule, budget, and developmental tasks and functions.
- Participating in the planning and implementation of projects and initiatives.
- Interacting with colleagues, clients, and/or other internal or external constituencies in the planning and carrying out of activities and assignments.
- Receiving guidance, training, and mentoring from senior professional personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
- Performing a wide variety of administrative tasks including the preparation of letters, memos, reports, and correspondences.
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets, databases, and department / project-related reports.
- Conducting research, preparing reports, and making recommendations based on findings.
- Coordinating meetings and following up on action items.
Tishman Construction's program also includes events and activities to enhance our interns’ day-to-day activities and overall experience, including an intern orientation, a luncheon with senior management, roundtable discussions with construction executives, and project tours.
Potential candidates should apply for internships that correlate with their planned career path such as Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, Business, Accounting, Human Resources, Marketing, Safety, Scheduling, Estimating, etc. Internships are available for students who are currently enrolled in a college or university in the United States and have completed at least two semesters (with a recommended minimum GPA of 3.0). Please click here to submit your resume for consideration.